Our purpose is to disseminate the Schnabel familyâ€™s musical heritage to the general public.Â This mission statement was established in December of 2002, and it has remained unchanged since then.
- Make all of Artur Schnabelâ€™s compositions available in print
- Publish the most important letters and writings of the familyâ€™s musicians
- Promote publications that featureÂ works by Artur Schnabel
- Reissue recordings by Karl Ulrich, Helen Schnabel and the Piano Duo Schnabel
- Provide information for music researchers and musicologists
- Support performances ofÂ Artur Schnabel’s compositions
- Provide grants for the recording of Artur Schnabel’s compositions
FranĂ§ois and Ann Mottier have dedicated the Foundation to the memory of their son, Claude Alain Mottier. Mary Virginia Foreman Le Garrec (1908 – 2012) dedicated her effort to the memory of Artur Schnabel.
FranĂ§ois Mottier, President
Ann Schnabel Mottier, Vice President
Patricia A. Lutnes, Secretary
Appointed Project Coordinator: Allan Evans,Â musicologist and record producer at Arbiter of Cultural Traditions, lectures at Mannes College The New School for Music,Â New York, NY, USA
Production Manager: Britta Matterne, Musicologist, Hamburg, Germany
Mary Lou Chayes, Pianist and Producer of Schnabel Documentary, Director of Love Music Productions, Los Angeles, USA
Lincoln Mayorga, Pianist, Composer, Conductor, Founder of Audiophile Recording Labels Sheffield Lab (CA) and TownHall Records (NY), Chatham NY, USA
Peter Mischung, Director of Wolke Verlag, publisher of music books, Hofheim, Germany
Joan Rowland, Solo and Four-Hand Duo Pianist, New York, NY, USA
Todd Vunderink,Â Director, Peermusic Classical, music publisher, New York, NY, USA
Charles DubinÂ (1919 – 2011) Film and Television Director, Los Angeles, USA
David Goldberger, Professor Emeritus, Mannes School of Music, New York, USA. Â David Goldberger, a student of K.U. Schnabel, was a life long admirer of the musiciansÂ in the Schnabel family. His knowledge of the history of the Schnabels proved invaluable to the Schnabel Music Foundation.
George McGuire, Composer, Engraver. Was our first and most influential adviser for music publications. Was enthusiastic champion for Artur Schnabel compositions until his untimely death.