Our purpose is to disseminate the Schnabel family’s musical heritage to the general public. This mission statement was established in December of 2002, and it has remained unchanged since then.
- Make all of Artur Schnabel’s compositions available in print
- Publish the most important letters and writings of the family’s musicians
- Promote publications that feature works by Artur Schnabel
- Reissue recordings by Karl Ulrich Schnabel, Helen Schnabel and the Piano Duo Schnabel
- Provide information about the Schnabel’s for music researchers and musicologists
- Support performances of Artur Schnabel’s compositions
- Provide grants for the recording of Artur Schnabel’s compositions
François and Ann Mottier have dedicated the Foundation to the memory of their son, Claude Alain Mottier. Mary Virginia Foreman Le Garrec (1908 – 2012) dedicated her effort to the memory of Artur Schnabel.
François Mottier, President
Ann Schnabel Mottier, Vice President
Patricia A. Lutnes, Secretary
Jonathan Spencer, Honorary CFO
Britta Matterne, Production Manager
Mary Lou Chayes, Pianist and Producer of Schnabel Documentary, Director of Love Music Productions, Los Angeles, USA
Lincoln Mayorga, Pianist, Composer, Conductor, Founder of Audiophile Recording Labels Sheffield Lab (CA) and TownHall Records (NY), Chatham NY, USA
Peter Mischung, Director of Wolke Verlag, publisher of music books, Hofheim, Germany
Joan Rowland, Solo and Four-Hand Duo Pianist, New York, NY, USA
Todd Vunderink, Director, Peermusic Classical, music publisher, New York, NY, USA
David Goldberger (1925-2016) Professor Emeritus, Mannes School of Music, Florida, USA
Charles Dubin (1919 – 2011) Film and Television Director, Los Angeles, USA
George McGuire, Composer, Engraver. Was our first and most influential adviser for music publications. Was enthusiastic champion for Artur Schnabel compositions until his untimely death.